Assistant Instructor (IDC Part 1)
This 3-4 day course teaches candidates to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programmes.It concentrates on developing candidate teaching skills through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
How Much will it Cost?
£595 - Equipment can be supplied and included in course fee, course materials are extra and include the Assistant Instructor Crewpack
What Dates are available?
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can;
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor during confined open water dives
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course Under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
The Assistant Instructor Course Outline;
During the assistant instructor course you will build upon your abilities as a Divemaster learning to:
- Organise and supervise scuba diving activities develop your own teaching skills.
- Use Knowledge development through home self-study, some quizzes, presentation lectures with our Master instructor.
You will complete the following;
- A Confined water skill review
- Learn how to assess/develop candidate presentations in confined water
- Candidate presentations in open water
- An open water rescue assessment
Your PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of three main sections;
- Independent Study - Knowledge Development
- Academic Training covering - PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Programs, Developing Knowledge Development Presentations, Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties, Teaching in Confined Water, Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
- Practical Applications - Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations, Standards Exam, and Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
You will need the following training materials;
The PADI IDC crew pack which includes all the materials needed for you to prepare for an PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The crew-pack includes: Instructor cue cards for all PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster) Related reference materials Lesson planning slates for confined and open water Quiz and exam booklets for OW, AOW, Rescue, and Divemaster courses. CD-ROM OW Prescriptive Lesson Guide, CD-ROM Specialty Instructor Manual, plus other reference material’s all supplied in a Backpack. Please contact to request current price for the materials.
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent qualified for min 6 months
- Experience in Navigation, Night and Deep Diver
- Completed a Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) Course within last 24 months
- Submit an approved diving medical from a physician conducted within the past 12 months
- And to have logged a minimum 60 dives
Please contact us to arrange the booking for you