Divemaster Course - Flexible internship course. Taught continuously through the year.
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
This course is the first professional level and your first step to a full or part-time career in Scuba diving. The course develops your diving leadership abilities by expanding your diving theory knowledge to a high professional level. Once qualified, your responsibilities can involve supervising diving activities by guiding divers on underwater tours and also having lots of fun. Knowledge Development: 12 topics ranging from dive theory to assisting student divers in training.
How Much will it Cost?
What Dates are available?
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Teach
- After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization),
- PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization),
- 40 logged dives on entry and min of 60 on exit of course,
- 18 years old.
- Submit proof of CPR and First aid training (EFR course) within the past 3 years,
- Submit an approved diving medical from a physician conducted within the 12 months
- Minimum Number of Logged Dives on exit of course: 60 for certification as PADI Divemaster
Course Crewpack materials includes;
- Divemaster Manual
- Instructor Manual
- DSD Cue Card
- Divemaster Slates (4)
- Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook
- Green Hologram
- DM Decal information
- Brochure - Go Pro
- Decal - PADI Transparent
- Forms - Divemaster
- Application Package
- Professional Training Log
- Loaned Divemaster DVD
- Black PADI Professional bag
Other Courses That Will Prepare You for Success as a PADI Divemaster.
Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help make you more successful as a PADI Divemaster:
Deep Diver - Highly Recommended
Wreck Diver - Highly Recommended
Search & Recovery Diver - Highly Recommended
Coral Reef Conservation
Digital Underwater Photographer
Emergency First Response Instructor - Highly Recommended
Emergency Oxygen Provider
Enriched Air Diver - Highly Recommended
Night Diver - Highly Recommended
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Underwater Navigation - Highly Recommended